Image Map

Friday, May 15, 2015

2gether we are better: Parent Communication


Today I am linking up with Ashley from Schroeder Shenanigans in 2nd and Angie from Lucky Little Learners to talk all about Parent Communication. 


I think this topic is so important and I am so excited that Ashley and Angie have chosen it for this month. 

There are several ways that I keep in touch with my Parents. The first thing that I do is I have a homework journal that goes home each week. This lets the parents know what is happening for the week. It also lets the parents know what the spelling words are for the week. 

The parents and students love having all the important information for the week on page. 

I also use a behavior calendar to let parents know how the students are behaving each day. 
This calendar is great because the students color in their clip chart color each day and then I can write little notes to let the parents know how they are doing. I also really like the number code at the bottom of the chart. This makes it easy to quickly write the number of how the student did for the day and the parents can quickly look at the code. 

This year I am teaching at a low income school and many parents do not really have access to technology. For next year I would like to try out remind. It will allow you to write your parents without having to exchange numbers. 


I would also like to try out google classroom. It allows the teacher to add things to the calendar. This gives the parents and students the opportunity to check what is happening in class. It also allows the students to turn in assignments and for the teacher to grade them and return them to the students all over the internet. I look forward to trying this out next year. 


How do you keep in touch with parents? What do you hope to add to your routine for next year? Come and link up with Ashley and Angie and learn some new things from other teachers. 


Make sure you come visit their blogs on the 2nd of every month and link up your ideas. 
Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...